Director of Business Development - Supply Chain and Logistics
About the role
Director of Business Development- Supply Chain and Logistics opportunity has succession built into the future. This position will report to the Executive Vice President of Business Development. The role is focused on developing new fulfillment and logistics business for Project Verte. This role is a hunter role and will oversee acquisition of new accounts and presenting to clients as well as building the department and training new sales team focusing on fulfillment sales. This requires working closely and coordinating with the Operations side of the business. This position is required to perform solution selling to sell the portfolio of Project Verte services.
What you’ll do
- Develops a ‘trusted advisor’ relationship with key executive decision maker
- Provides effective management in sales cycles – from prospecting to pricing to closing
- Participates and leads sales and client planning meetings
- Effectively facilitates client negotiations
- Elevates discussions to establish strategic partnerships with clients
- Brings leading practices and new ideas to client executives
- Elicits client feedback to help guide future product and service direction
- Maximizes cross-selling by providing strategic input to assist related accounts
- Works closely with Operations to deliver a high level of solution design and service to clients
- Delivers results by leveraging the skills of the right people at the right time
- Leads resolution of difficult issues through effective negotiation tactics Sales Planning
- Supports Business Units in identifying and developing account and opportunity strategies
- Communicates sales plans and status to management
- Keeps abreast of regional and industry developments
- Actively contributes to expanding company knowledge base
- Contributes to corporate projects Culture
- Treats the client as the highest priority
- Turns in reporting on time and complete
- 3 years Sales Experience with demonstrated success in the contract logistics business
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Intermediate knowledge of financial/budgetary terms and processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be fluent in English
- Must have experience in building relationships and trust with clients
- Should be well versed in supply chain management
- Should be both sales and operationally inclined – can sell as well as deliver
- Should be familiar with solution selling concepts and methodologies
- Strong consultative selling skills - listening, attention to details, ability to probe and offer insight.
- Self- motivated and has a competitive drive.
- Strong organization, communication and decision-making skills.
- Must be a team player who leveraged the greater capability of the firm and willing to share best practices with team members.
- The ability to quickly establish trust and build long-term executive level relationships with clients is critical to this position.
- Aspires to be part of a world-class sales organization and thrives as part of a high performing team.
- The ability to establish partnerships by selling at a higher level and avoid transnational business models.
- Should be familiar with the local business etiquette and customs of the region
- Travel Requirements: Travel up to 20% of the time to client locations and attend regional and/or global meetings