Human Resource Generalist
About the role
We are a rapidly growing e-commerce supply chain management company in the McDonagh GA area seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our growing team. Project Verte, the world’s first social e-commerce platform is looking for an energetic and self-driven Human Resource Generalist.
What you’ll do
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals
- Record keeping such as: Employee file(s), insurance and 401K plan; personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations; and employee statistics for government reporting
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Processing bi-weekly payroll for salary, hourly and contract employees
- Assists with benefits as needed for benefits programs such as open enrollment, health, leave of absence, and employee assistance
- Recruitment as needed for requisitions, applications, and hiring
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Writes and delivers presentations to corporate officers regarding human resources policies and practices.
- Conducts wage surveys within the labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
•BA/BS degree and 3+ years of general Human Resource experience with appropriate certifications
•Ability to adapt, overcome objections, and learn complex solutions
•HRIS systems especially payroll – Kronos would be a plus
•Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
•Strong oral and written communication skills are a must
•Working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Office