Operations Finance Manager
About Project Verte
Verte is a cloud-based supply chain platform powered by AI, designed to help multi-channel retailers compete at the next level by integrating data across multiple touchpoints and channels to manage their business needs better.
We deliver an “operating system” that offers speed, flexibility, and intelligence to partners and prospects, providing one of the most advanced 3PL systems for retailers.
Verte manages all back-end e-commerce operations in one place, with a network of warehouses, advanced warehouse technology, management software, and inventory tracking – underpinned by AI and blockchain to help retailers become more innovative and more competitive through data forecasting and transparency. Giving them the ability to discover new sources of distribution and a multi-channel view into their supply chain that removes productivity blind spots while consolidating data. Coupled with greater sustainability found through local urban fulfillment centers, low emission warehouse facilities, and recycled packing materials – a brand’s carbon footprint is reduced across the supply chain.
We exist to deliver the supply chain that thinks, an operating system that proactively lets retailers move confidently into the future.
Why you’ll love working at Verte:
- Competitive pay: Our pay rates are competitive, and your paycheck is reliable when you work for Project Verte.
- Benefits: Our range of benefits can include health care starting on day one, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more!
- Career Growth: Many of our entry-level employees move up to become leaders.
About the role:
Our growing business needs a leader experienced in operations finance. The role is ideal for candidates with financial accounting experience in software, supply chain and e-commerce logistics. The ideal candidate will demonstrate success in cost management, labor planning, forecasting, operational analysis, and problem solving associated with Third-Party Logistics in a high-tech supply chain network.
As leader of the Verte Operations Finance team, the successful candidate will serve as the financial expert for physical and service functions of the business. The candidate will partner primarily with Operations to plan labor and expense, lead process improvements with industrial engineering, produce reporting and profitability analysis for complex logistics functions.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the oversight and reporting of financial results and variances related to fulfillment operations and technology services
- Develop financial models to support PP&L team and provide guidance to optimize in internal operations and network of partner facilities
- Lead daily, weekly and quarterly forecasting and annual budget process for logistics operations
- Coordinate regular reviews of key metrics to manage spend in key areas such as labor and consumables
- Perform detailed variance analysis
- Demonstrate financial acumen and analytical abilities in preparing and presenting financial results to senior leadership on ongoing basis
- Create and define new tools or reports to improve financial and transactional data streams
- Perform root cause variance analysis and recommend actions to remediate
- Works closely with corporate accounting and operations leadership to explain and remediate any variances identified
- Enhance reporting and analytics to provide better and sooner insight of operational costs to the business
- Define new metrics or measurements as necessary
- Develop financial models and scenario analysis to evaluate financial impact of new opportunities
- Leverage Lean skills to identify opportunities for streamlining of current processes and propose enhancements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of internal control procedures
- Support seller services with, analysis, budgeting and forecasting
- Standardize and document existing processes
- Develop analytics to support reporting of all TDC (Total Delivered Cost) components as necessary
- Perform other ad hoc analysis as requested
- Effectively manage time, and workflow
- Work cooperatively with others to support goals and achieve outcomes
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises members of the Finance Department
- Management reserves the right to assign or change duties and tasks to this position at their discretion.
- 5-10+ Years of experience with third party logistics fulfillment operations and technology services
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Financial Modeling Experience
- High degree of Proficiency in MS Excel (advanced skill level) and MS Office (intermediate) products
- Able to work in a team environment, and able to effectively shift focus to multiple priorities
- Progressive experience in an accounting/finance role
- Advanced mathematical skills
- Accounting and Reporting
- Readily adapt to changing circumstances
- Open to feedback, and motivated to grow outside the comfort zone
- Communicate efficiently with others
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Mentoring or developing other finance professionals
Highly Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience and/or formal training in Lean, Six Sigma principles
- Experience working in organizations experiencing fast-paced change or transformation
- Experience with common accounting software
- CMA, CPA or comparable certification preferred
- Experience in similar industry- mattress, furniture, etc.
Locations: Sandy Springs, GA & McDonough, GA
Travel: Up to 10% travel may be required
Must be authorized to work in the US.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Work Environment: The employee works in an office environment with a low to moderate noise level. Typical work hours are 8:30 am to 6:00 pm. Job will require additional hours and may include after hours calls with clients, vendors, company ownership and employees some internationally. Work hours change at management’s discretion with or without prior notice.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. This person must read, write and speak fluent English for filling out forms, use of programs, work direction, communications to customers, as well as employee and interdepartmental interaction etc.
Health and safety are always a top priority for us. We continue to take all recommended precautions in our warehouses and offices to keep everyone healthy.
Project Verte is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.