Why Supply Chain is Better on Blockchain
Our team built VerteChain from the ground up to support the needs of e-commerce and supply chain businesses. Although applications extend far beyond this industry, here we focus on how VerteChain can simplify interactions and data management along the supply chain. Through blockchain optimization, fully-transparent data management and streamlined control over assets, VerteChain’s platform reels in the complexities of supply chain for brands and logistics providers.
What challenges can VerteChain help overcome?
Regardless their size, all supply chains face similar hurdles and difficulties. These challenges make it difficult to meet customer expectations, which can hurt businesses in the long run.
- Inefficiency: all along the supply chain, information is often delayed, inaccurate, incomplete or insufficiently traceable
- High Resource Costs: inventory management, administrative tasks and formalities take time and money away from other parts of the business
- Short Term Volatility: spikes and dips in demand, unexpected shortages and other unforeseen circumstances
- Lack of Protection: against fraud and theft, human error, counterfeiting and information breaches
How does VerteChain do it?
VerteChain enables enterprise supply chains to leverage blockchain technology to simplify their process and improve their business:
- Total Transparency: On VerteChain, records are instantly available to any party at any time: receivers, senders, shippers and regulators. High data accessibility simplifies processes, allowing decisions and operations to flow easily across organizations
- Smart Contracts: Any manually executed contract can become automated through VerteChain. From shipments to changes of ownership, smart contracts reduce costs and aid efficiency along the supply chainSecurityBlockchains are by definition decentralized and encrypted, which means data recorded on them cannot be deleted, obscured or manipulated; information is only accessible to those with permission and VerteChain’s two-layer structure provides additional security while maintaining the flexibility of P2P architecture
- Full Traceability: Through data management on VerteChain, businesses can track origins, product details, and geographic movement. Full traceability helps businesses protect against and identify fraud, theft, and damage
- Certifications & Compliance: Through smart contracts, compliance, verification, credentials and certification of goods are all made simpler and more reliable
- A Collaborative Core: VerteChain allows parties along the entire supply chain to communicate and coordinate through electronic signatures, file sharing, smart contracts and moreFor more information about VerteChain and to learn how to use VerteChain for your business, visit our VerteChain site.